Well, do we really need to say anything else?
Our unique, original design (beware of copies!) was created by multidisciplinary artist designer Jenifer Corker, whose fascination with embroidery, jewellery design and canine accoutrements made the perfect collaboration to produce these beautiful collars. Modelled here by Whippet Rescue pup Otis, who is 8.5 months old and wearing a size Small (33mm width).
Jenifer also designed the special Wild at Heart Foundation collars.
Need To Know:
- MADE TO ORDER for you, if we don't list your size as currently available
- Measure your current collar flat on a table from the base of the buckle pin along to the hole used to choose the size, or email us with this measurement, to help minimize returns
- Width is 33mm for Small and Medium; Large and XLarge are 40mm
- Made in Kenya: every piece is entirely hand-made, and unique; created by each Maasai, Samburu or Ndorobo artisan
- We use naturally soft, pliable leather, which ages beautifully the more they are worn in (...don't we all!)
- A non-stretch panel included between the beadwork and the backing leather helps to minimize your collar changing size
- Tough, fishing-line strength thread firmly sews on the beads; our artisans are specially trained in a sewing technique which makes our construction high quality and long-lasting
- The hand-made buckle is cast from solid, recycled brass, custom-made by our metalwork artisans in Nairobi
- The WILD at HEART Kenya logo is discreetly embossed on the inside panel of the collar
- Your collar helps to keep the traditional beadwork skills and patterns alive in remote areas of Kenya.