Currently IN STOCK for select sizes
Every one of these collars sold helps a dog find their forever home.
At WILD at HEART Kenya, we want our beadwork to impact people and animals as far beyond the borders of Kenya as possible. Creating these beautiful beaded collars especially to support the work of the Wild at Heart Foundation means a great deal to us. Purchasing one of these collars means you are not only directly supporting women artisans and wildlife in Kenya, but also, you are supporting ongoing rehoming, sterilisation and education work through the Wild at Heart Foundation, in UK, Mexico, India, Romania, Greece, South Korea, South Africa, Lesvos and Lebanon — plus emergency aid supplied to Ukraine. To date, the Wild at Heart Foundation have sterilised tens of thousands of dogs, preventing the birth of some 200 million unwanted puppies. We will donate £5 from every collar sold to the Foundation.
Our unique design was created by multidisciplinary artist designer Jenifer Corker, whose fascination with embroidery, jewellery design and canine accoutrements made the perfect collaboration to produce these beautiful collars.
This collar has a background of black beads, with the letters created in rainbow colours, on matte black leather.
Please note that the size Small has reds and oranges for the letters only, as it's shorter than the other sizes.
…and you will know while your dog wears this collar you are already helping the artisan who created it with income to support her family with food, clothing and school fees for her kids. And for our semi-nomadic artisans, you are also directly helping to support wildlife in remote areas of Kenya by providing income these pastoralists wouldn’t otherwise have access to. This enables them to rely less on their livestock, and fragile, semi-arid landscape for their survival.
Need To Know:
- MADE TO ORDER for you, if we don't list your size as currently available
- Measure your current collar flat on a table from the base of the buckle pin along to the hole used to choose the size, or email us with this measurement to check with us — accurate measuring helps to minimize returns
- Width is 33mm
- Made in Kenya: every piece is entirely hand-made and unique, created by Maasai, Samburu and Ndorobo artisans
- We use naturally soft, pliable leather, which ages beautifully the more they are worn in (...don't we all!)
- A non-stretch panel included between the beadwork and the backing leather helps to minimize your collar changing size
- Tough, fishing-line strength thread firmly sews on the beads; our artisans are specially trained in a sewing technique which makes our construction high quality and long-lasting
- The hand-made buckle is cast from solid, recycled brass, custom-made by our metalwork artisans in Nairobi
- Every collar includes a cotton drawstring gift bag, made by Grace
- Your collar helps to keep the traditional beadwork skills alive in remote areas of Kenya.