Currently IN STOCK for select sizes
An unusual and very distinctive combination of rainbow stripes on our beautifully soft yet tough, pliable light tan leather. Probably our most popular collar, because any colour of dog shows it off so much so that you'll definitely be stopped in the street/park to be asked about it...unless of course it's just a conversation-starter, to actually just see if you want to go on a date. (And is that really a bad thing?! We think not.)
We also make a belt in exactly the same colours. All our collars and belts come in a beautiful African fabric drawstring bag, sewn by Grace, to make the perfect gift. (Bag fabric may vary, but they are all lovely).
…and you will know while your dog wears this collar you are already helping the artisan who created it with income to support her family with food, clothing and school fees for her kids. And for our semi-nomadic artisans, you are also directly helping to support wildlife in remote areas of Kenya by providing income these pastoralists wouldn’t otherwise have access to. This enables them to rely less on their livestock, and fragile, semi-arid landscape for their survival.
Need To Know:
- MADE TO ORDER for you, if we don't list your size as currently available
- Measure your current collar flat on a table from the base of the buckle pin along to the hole used to choose the size, or email us with this measurement, to help minimize returns
- Width is 33mm
- Made in Kenya: every piece is entirely hand-made, and unique; the traditional patterns are created by each Maasai, Samburu or Ndorobo artisan, so no two collars are identical
- We use naturally soft, pliable leather, which ages beautifully the more they are worn in (...don't we all!)
- A non-stretch panel included between the beadwork and the backing leather helps to minimize your collar changing size
- Tough, fishing-line strength thread firmly sews on the beads; our artisans are specially trained in a sewing technique which makes our construction high quality and long-lasting
- The hand-made buckle is cast from solid, recycled brass, custom-made by our metalwork artisans in Nairobi
- The WILD at HEART Kenya logo is discreetly embossed on the inside panel of the collar
- Your collar helps to keep the traditional beadwork skills and patterns alive in remote areas of Kenya.